If Your Are Ordering CGC Grading or Signature Services, Please Note
Ship your comic books to;
Surreal Comics and Cards
8100 Wyoming Blvd. NE
STE M4 #373
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87113
**Be sure to fill in the number of books you are shipping and details on the checkout page**
Suggested Packing Instructions From CGC Website
Upon arriving at Surreal Comics & Cards, your book(s) is unpacked in our receiving department; there it is inspected, entered into our computer system.
This process can be delayed significantly if the books that arrive are incorrectly packed. Books that come without backing boards, two or more in a bag, or the backing board in the center of a book, must be removed and separated individually by one of our pre-graders. The time spent by the grader to correct these books is time that he is not grading books, thus the whole process is delayed.
Following these simple guide lines will help to get your books back quickly:
- We recommend that you place each comic carefully in a Mylar or bag WITH a backing board
- The comic should be in the bag or Mylar sleeve with the top of the book closest to the opening. One piece of tape is sufficient for a bag with a flap (affixed so the tape is securing the flap towards the BACK of the comic).Do not use tape to seal an open top (flapless) Mylar sleeve!
- Place no more than five books in a group between two firm pieces of cardboard and then secure the cardboard around them to provide firm support on top, bottom and sides of the comics. Surreal Comics & Cards does not recommend taping the books directly together, but rather wrapping them in a plastic bag or paper and then taping that together securely.
- Pack these in a BOX with plenty of cushioning material all the way around.
- If you’re sending more than one submission invoice, please pack the appropriate comics and submission invoices together to minimize confusion. It is also helpful if the comics are packed in the order that they are listed on the form.
- Secure the box according to USPS guidelines. For USPS guidelines, please consult your local Post Office.
- Be sure your package is properly registered and/or insured for delivery to Surreal Comics & Cards.
THESE PACKING INSTRUCTIONS ARE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. YOU MUST DECIDE THE APPROPRIATE LEVEL OF PROTECTION FOR YOUR COMIC BOOKS WHEN YOU SHIP THEM TO Surreal Comics & Cards.